Pre-care & Aftercare
- Get as comfortable as possible during the treatment.
- Find the time of day that works best for you. Early or late, awake or tired, everyone is different.
- Eliminate as much stress as possible on the day of the appointment.
- Your diet can affect your sensitivity. Avoid stimulants like caffeine, chocolate or sugar on the day of your appointment.
- Avoid long sun exposure 48 hours prior to your treatment to avoid dilation of the blood vessels.
- Female clients may find that they are more sensitive right before or during their menstrual cycle and may want to avoid making appointments during that time.
- Some find a meal just before treatment helps reduce discomfort.
- Many clients find that taking their favorite pain reliever 30 minutes prior to their appointment makes their treatment more comfortable.
- There are many topical creams that are available either with or without a prescription. EMLA (by prescription) and LMX (non-prescription) are popular. EMLA should be applied an hour before treatment. Apply generously.
- If, after several hours, the area is still red, swollen or irritated, gently apply Bactine, Sea Breeze or witch hazel for 3 days.
- Using an antibiotic cream (such as Neosporin) may be helpful especially prior to working out or other vigorous activity.
- Some people find applying ice to the area immediately after treatment is soothing.
- Avoid tanning and direct sun exposure for 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid using cosmetics on the area for 24 hours.
- Avoid soap or hot water for at least 12 hours.
- Report any skin reactions to the treatment on your next visit, or feel free to call us anytime with your questions or concerns.
- Don’t rub, scratch, squeeze or touch the treated area.
- Don’t exfoliate the treated area for 48 hours after treatment.
- Don’t use any heavy creams or any type of AHA (alpha-hydroxy) or similar product for 48 hours after treatment and use caution prior to treatment.
- Don’t submerge the area in hot tubs and avoid saunas and swimming in rivers or lakes for 48 hours.
The success of your treatment is very important to us. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.